Saints Peter and Paul [ XIV secolo ]


Saints Peter and Paul
Saints Peter and Paul Saints Peter and Paul


Story of the church

The church dedicated to Saints Peter and Paul dates back to the XIV century. The church , during the centuries , underwent some important structural interventions which changed some architectural features. The main fašade has three side lowered naves , with sloping roofs There are two orders : two high pilasters with Doris capitals opening the entrance gate , characterize the first order , while two little single lancet windows distinguish the second order. . The central covering is characterized by a triangular tympanum . The square shaped belfry, on the left, hosts two bells which were fused in 1577 and in 1768. The church keeps in the side naves , a lot of processional statues , among which the expressive statue of Saint Francis from Paola, made in the XIX century. Inside it is possible to admire the contemporary works of master Josiph Droboniku.